June seems like a pretty busy month for me with many unexpected activities and I am not talking about the Great Singapore Sale, mind you. I visited one month old Gen and caught up with some dive buddies there. It was heart-warming to see the softer side of CY, the natural way he interacts with kids. He's gonna make his future wife proud :)
I also met my former uni mates for the yearly reunion. This is something we hope to keep on doing for the longest time. It's great to see how we progress from those days slogging for our Bachelor, juggling full time work and part time studies. Regardless of the grades we got, they have my respect, especially those with family (for their endurance and perseverance).
I met my cousin from KL who is preparing to get married to a guy from the 'upper crust' (so happy for her) early 2006. Its amazing how some people seems to have it easy but I know she prays really hard to get to where she is now. I wish her all the best in her future PhD course as well (something I hope to do in the near future as well).
I managed to lobby some pals to volunteer and support the career change of an ex colleague - I wish her well in her spa training. I corresponded with a dear friend in JB... glad to know that he still dives and that we will be exchanging pictures. I caught up with my potential business partner - she'll be going China soon for business trip and I hope that she can do some research on stretchable cotton.
Last but not least, I never envisioned a simple coffee session with an ex colleague (whom I was not close to back then) to lead to walks along Orchard Road and a nice conversation over dinner (he was gracious to pay for it, what a gentleman!). It started with supposedly handing him the lawyer's letter (our former company was going through liquidation) and one thing led to another... didn't know we could click coz he was too quiet for my liking. From one session together, I got to know the real Rye, which was great. Wish him well with his 'pursuit' (can't wait to hear updates).
That's all for now :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment